The Antimicrobial Stewardship Advisory Committee was established by the Commission to promote the optimal use of antimicrobials to maximise treatment efficacy in individuals while minimising the impact of antimicrobial resistance on communities.
- It provides advice on strategy options for effective antimicrobial stewardship programs for all sectors of the healthcare system; and
- Makes recommendations to the Commission on implementation and evaluation of the antimicrobial stewardship program.
The Antimicrobial Stewardship Advisory Committee’s focus is on developing and supporting strategies at a national, state, institutional and community level.
- Dr Morgyn Warner (Chair), Council of Australian Therapeutic Advisory Groups (CATAG)
- Dr Tara Anderson, Infectious Diseases Physician, Royal Hobart Hospital, TAS
- Associate Professor Kirsty Buising, Victorian Infections Diseases Services, Royal Melbourne Hospital, VIC
- Dr Celia Cooper, Clinical Director of Pathology & Head of Microbiology & Infectious Diseases, SA
- Professor Marilyn Cruickshank, Director National Healthcare Associated Infection Program, ACSQHC
- Dr Jonathan Dartnell, Executive Manager, NPS MedicineWise
- Margaret Duguid, Pharmaceutical Advisor
- Associate Professor John Ferguson, Senior Lecturer, University of Newcastle, NSW
- Dr David Kong, Deputy Director of Pharmacy, Pharmacy Department, Ballarat Health Services, VIC
- Associate Professor David Looke, Senior Staff Specialist in Infectious Diseases & Associate Professor in the Department of Medicine, QLD
- Associate Professor Owen Robinson, Infectious Disease Physician, PathWest Laboratory Medicine, WA
- Associate Professor Karin Thursky, Infectious Diseases Physician, VIC
- Professor John Turnidge, Chief, Division of Laboratory Medicine, SA