Healthcare Associated Infection Advisory Committee
The Healthcare Associated Infection (HAI) Advisory Committee consists of experts and key stakeholders to set priorities for action, provide advice and assistance on issues relating to the Commission’s Healthcare Associated Infection program.
The main roles of the HAI Advisory Committee are to:
- Provide support and advice in the implementation of the Commission’s work plan.
- Provide advice to the Commission on national strategies and make recommendations on the implementation and evaluation of HAI strategies.
- Promote the optimal use of antimicrobials to maximise treatment efficacy in individuals, while minimising the impact of antimicrobial resistance on communities, in conjunction with the Antimicrobial Stewardship Advisory Group.
- Provide opportunity for sharing data and information on policies and processes, professional issues for the continual improvement of HAI strategies.
- Professor Peter Collignon, Infectious Diseases Unit For Microbiology, ACT (Chair)
- Dr Paul Armstrong, Western Australia representative, Communicable Diseases Network Australia
- Samantha Butenko, Infection Control Service Nurse Advisor, Department of Health, SA
- Dr Anna Colwell, Medical Advisor, Australian Department of Health
- Professor Marilyn Cruickshank, President, ACIPC
- Kathy Dempsey, Program Manager HAI, Clinical Excellence Commission
- Bernadette Eather, National Manager, Clinical Quality and Patient Safety, Ramsay Health Care
- A/Professor John Ferguson, Area Director, Infection Prevention and Control, Hunter New England Health, NSW
- Professor Lyn Gilbert, Chair, Infection Prevention and Control Expert Advisory Group
- Dr Lisa Hall, Senior Research Fellow, University of Queensland Technology
- Belinda Henderson, Past President, Australasian College for Infection Prevention and Control
- Dr Robert Herkes, Chief Medical Officer, ACSQHC
- Adj Prof Kathy Meleady, Stream Director, AURA and HAI, ACSQHC
- Dr Graeme Nimmo, Director of Microbiology for Pathology, Public Health Laboratory Network, Queensland
- Dr Andrew Stewardson, National Program Manager, Hand Hygiene Australia
- Professor Rhonda Stuart, Infectious Diseases Physician, Monash Health
- Professor John Turnidge, Technical expert, clinical microbiology
- Annie Wells, Tasmanian Infection Prevention and Control Unit