Infection Prevention and Control eLearning Modules
A suite of eLearning modules have been developed by the Commission to provide information on the basic principles of infection prevention and control in Australian healthcare settings
All healthcare workers need to understand the basis and importance of infection prevention and control and their role in preventing the spread of infection. To meet this educational need, the Commission developed a suite of ten eLearning modules that cover topics such as:
- Principles of infection prevention and control
- Risk management systems for infectious agents and infectious diseases
- Basic microbiology and multi-resistant organisms
- Cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation
- Infectious agent health screening and immunisation of healthcare workers
- Outbreak investigation and management
- Management of occupation exposure
- Renovation, repairs and redevelopment risk management
- Basic epidemiology/statistics
- Surveillance and quality improvement
These eLearning modules are based on the content of the Australian Guidelines for the Prevention and Control of Infection in Healthcare (current edition).
An updated version of the workbook is available below:
The original version of the workbook is currently accessed through the modules portal, whilst further review is underway.
You can register and access the modules. It is free to register and complete the eLearning modules
Once registered, users may select to complete any number of modules and in any order. A certificate of completion is available at the end of each successfully completed module.