Infection prevention and control for aged care
The Commission has developed a suite of online infection prevention and control learning resources to support practices in aged care that protect the safety of residents and their carers.
The Basics of infection prevention and control for aged care module provides a sound foundation in infection prevention and control for all workers in the aged care sector. The module is suitable for use during induction or to support refresher training.
The Infection prevention and control in aged care - training support resource is designed for registered nurses, infection prevention and control leads and others responsible for the delivery of infection prevention and control education in the aged care setting. The purpose of this module is to:
- Provide definitions for each core element of infection prevention and control and key concepts for each element
- Provide a framework for the development and delivery of a basic infection prevention and control education package
- Equip the learner with a foundation for training others in infection prevention and control.
Both modules were developed in conjunction with the New South Wales Clinical Excellence Commission and the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission.
To enrol in any of the modules in the aged care suite:
- Log in to the National Hand Hygiene Initiative (NHHI) Learning Management System (LMS)
- Select the tile labelled ‘Click here for Aged Care Modules’
- The catalogue of the Infection prevention and control for aged care modules will load. Select the Enrol button next to the module you wish to undertake to begin your learning
- A milestones page of the module will load. Click the Start Module Now button when you are ready to start the module.
Please refer to the FAQ below for step-by-step instructions.