Paediatric national inpatient medication charts
Paediatric versions of the NIMC Acute and NIMC Long stay provide additional features to improve prescribing safety for paediatric inpatients including neonates.
NIMC Paediatric safety features
These charts should be used for all children aged 12 years and less.
Additional safety features of this version include:
- dose calculation space for medicine orders
- double signing for medicines administration
- additional spaces for noting date weighed and gestational age at birth.
NIMC Paediatric versions
The NIMC Long stay is designed for long-term, stable paediatric patients in acute care. For example, the NIMC Paediatric long stay may be suitable for patients in spinal units and rehabilitation units. The NIMC Paediatric long stay has 18.5 days of administration although the number of administration days may be varied locally.
NIMC Paediatric design files
The following versions of the NIMC are available as high resolution and designed for professional printing. To receive a copy of the design files please contact the Commission.
- NIMC (paediatric)
- NIMC (paediatric) private hospital
- NIMC (paediatric long-stay)
- NIMC (paediatric long-stay) private hospital
NIMC Paediatric resources
- NIMC support materials including NIMC User Guide and health professional education and training
- NIMC auditing process and web-based application
- NIMC local management, quality assurance and issues register
Paediatric National Inpatient Medication Chart Seminar 7 May 2009
The Commission held a seminar to assist public and private hospitals safely implement paediatric versions of the NIMC.
A report and of the seminar and presentations are available.