NSQHS Standards user guide for acute and community mental health services
The Commission is seeking feedback on the draft National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards user guide for acute and community mental health services.
This new user guide is designed to support implementation of the NSQHS Standards in mental health services which are assessed under the Australian Health Service Safety and Quality Accreditation Scheme. These include public and private hospital services, community mental health services provided through local health districts or networks and hospital in the home services.
The user guide links existing NSQHS Standards actions to current National Mental Health Policy priorities.
Consultation on this resource is open until Friday 26 November 2021.
You are invited to provide written feedback on the whole document or just on the areas that are important to you.
Below are some questions which you may use to guide your feedback. You can choose to answer all, some or none of the questions.
- Will the guide be useful in your service?
- What else could be included to support improvement in the safety and quality of mental health services?
- Implementation examples (please provide examples if you wish)
- Resources targeted to specific groups (e.g. consumers and carers, clinicians)
- Other suggestions
- Is the format accessible?
- Would you be more likely to use the guide online or in paper format?
Submitting your feedback
Our preferred method for receiving your feedback is by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your name, organisation and contact details with your written submission.