EL1 Senior Health Data Analyst, Safety and Quality Improvement Systems (Various Roles)
The Senior Health Data Analyst, will support and lead an array of data analysis work of the Data Analytics team, using their skills with SAS and SQL coding from a variety of health data sources. The role will undertake iterative data analysis processes with a focus on development of technical solutions, identifying and developing appropriate data sources and insights, based on the needs and advice of internal and external stakeholders.
The duties of the Senior Health Data Analyst will include but not be limited to:
- Conduct analyses and contribute to the interpretation of safety and quality health data, including the identification and conduct of advanced analyses using SAS™ software and SQL from a range of data sources
- Analyse and interpret a variety of health data, information and literature, including synthesis into a cohesive narrative.
- Identify issues and caveats relating to data sources and analytical methods
- Advise on strategy, risk management and stakeholder engagement in relation to the key program areas.
- Undertake the complete range of procurement and project and contract management activities.
- Develop reports, briefs, advisory group papers, correspondence, presentations and other documents.
- Provide accurate and concise advice to the Data Analytics Manager on methodology and interpretation of outcomes,
- Undertake other duties as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated technical expertise and experience in data systems, metadata, assessing information requirements, data extraction and analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of the Australian healthcare system and a sophisticated understanding of the key elements of healthcare safety and quality.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills, including demonstrated capacity to analyse and interpret healthcare data and information from a range of sources and synthesise these in a coherent, accessible way.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, and priorities, and identify and manage risks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to consult, liaise, negotiate and develop productive working relationships with a wide range of individuals and interest groups and quality
To apply for this position, please submit the below via an email to ACSQHCHR@safetyandquality.gov.au:
- A CV summarising your relevant experience and qualifications
- A two-page cover letter broadly addressing your suitability against both the position description and selection criteria.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must be Australian citizens to be eligible to apply and must have an up-to-date Covid-19 vaccination status.
Questions about the role can be directed to Suraj Rasakulasingam on (02) 9126 3501.
Closing date for applications is midnight, Wednesday 31 May 2023.
Accessibility - We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
Copyright - Unless stated otherwise, materials provided are covered by a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike (BY-NC-ND) 4.0 International License.