This position will work under the direction of the Stream Director of the AURA, HAI/IPC and Emerging Issues to take responsibility for a range of policy and program activities across the issues required of the team. This requires an ability to be responsible to changing priorities and work simultaneously on a number of key activities.
The Senior Project Officer role requires initiative and analytical capacity, as well as policy and program management expertise and as well as a good strategic understanding of the healthcare system.
The role involves a range of research, analytic, writing, planning, project management and consultation activities to advance the Commission’s work to improve safety and quality of health care.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Under the direction of the Stream Director, lead the planning and implementation of strategies and national guidance to support the ongoing development of, and reporting by the AURA Surveillance System, and other activities of the team, as required.
2. Undertaking project management activities including project planning and documentation, implementation, monitoring and reporting on progress of the project; providing recommendations about managing risk; identifying problems and proposing possible solutions.
3. Review, analyse and summarise published literature, websites, policy papers and other materials to prepare papers which will inform policy and program direction
4. Preparing high-quality written reports, briefs and other documents for a range of audiences on a range of complex healthcare issues.
5. Consulting with experts and stakeholders including coordination of formal consultation processes, where required, to achieve the objectives of the program.
Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate:
1. Demonstrated analytical skills, ability to deal with issues capably and sensitively to meet organisational objectives
2. Demonstrated project planning management experience in complex environments
3. Experience in writing for different audiences and in different formats
4. Experience in analysing , interpreting and utilising literature reviews and searches