The Commission is seeking an EL2 Director to be responsible for leading the Commission’s Partnering with Consumers program. The aim of this program is to foster a health system where consumers are empowered to work with health services and providers in the planning, design, delivery, and evaluation of health care; and that health care is comprehensive, and meets the needs and preferences of the patient. Key areas of work include:
- Providing guidance, information and systems for partnerships with consumers health literacy, healthcare rights and end-of-life care
- Recognising and responding to clinical deterioration
- Supporting systems for the delivery of comprehensive care
- Improving recognition and management of sepsis
- The program area is also responsible for short term projects on related topics for external stakeholders, from time-to-time
- Provide strategic leadership in identifying opportunities, developing policy levers, and driving systematic uptake of safety and quality initiatives, including those focused on partnering with consumers, across the health system.
The successful candidate will have:
- Understanding of the Australian healthcare system, including governance, person-centred care, health literacy, comprehensive care and other key safety and quality issues.
- High-level program management and policy development experience in the health sector and experience in research and analysis of policy and data
- Collaborative leadership and management skills, and the ability to develop productive working relationships with and through national agencies and expert groups in the development of national approaches on topics such as partnering with consumers, implementing comprehensive care, and delivering safe and high-quality end-of-life care.
- Strong communication, facilitation and negotiation skills including the ability to communicate effectively with senior clinicians, jurisdictional and private hospital sector leaders, consumer and community organisations, researchers, academics and other health experts.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant area
- Demonstrated commitment to partnering with consumers to improve health care.
Candidates must be Australian citizens to be eligible to apply. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Questions about the role can be directed to Naomi Poole (02) 9126 3536 or email ACSQHCHR@safetyandquality.gov.au.
Closing date for applications is midnight, Wednesday 23 June 2021. Only complete applications will be considered. Auto-generated applications will not be considered.