NSQHS Standards advisories
An NSQHS Standards advisory is a formal communication from the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (the Commission) to accrediting agencies to provide guidance and direction on the interpretation and/or assessment of the NSQHS Standards.
NSQHS Standards (second edition) advisories
The NSQHS Standards advisories are routinely reviewed to ensure they remain current. Any changes to any advisory are summarised in the notes section of the advisory’s cover sheet.
- AS18/03: Assessments from October 2018 to the second edition of the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards
NSQHS Standards (first edition) advisories
From January 2019, the Commission has agreed to the continued application of the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (first edition) for private dental practices only until the national primary care health service standards become available
All health service organisations such as, but not limited to, hospitals, day procedure services, and public dental services across Australia, are assessed to the NSQHS Standards (second edition) and follow the updated Australian Health Service Safety and Quality Accreditation Scheme.
The NSQHS Standards advisories are routinely reviewed to ensure they remain current. All the NSQHS Standards advisories have been updated following the latest review. Any changes to any advisory are summarised in the notes section of the Advisory’s cover sheet.
- Advisory A13/01: Notification of significant risk (superseded by Advisory AS18/09)
- Advisory A15/01: Transitioning between accrediting agencies (superseded by Advisory AS18/05)
- Advisory A16/01: Accreditation assessment requirements of health service organisations post significant clinical or governance review (superseded by Advisory AS18/06)
- Advisory A16/03: Reprocessing of reusable medical devices in health service organisations (superseded by Advisory AS18/07)
- Advisory A17/01: Antimicrobial stewardship (superseded by Advisory AS18/08)
- Advisory A12/01: Hand hygiene programs
- Advisory A13/02: Interim accreditation of new health services
- Advisory A13/04: Collection and reporting of accreditation evidence by accrediting agencies
- Advisory A13/05: Assessment of training requirements for credentialed medical and other clinical practitioners and visiting medical officers
- Advisory A13/07: Advice provided to accrediting agencies on not applicable actions
- Advisory A13/08: Transition arrangements from 2014
- Advisory A14/01: Assessment of developmental actions in the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards
- Advisory A14/02: Pre-admission requirements and responding to patient deterioration in small health facilities
- Advisory A15/02: Advance care directive assessment requirements in low risk environments
- Advisory A16/02: Application of the requirements for general observation charts
- Advisory A16/04: Medication management plan