Interventions to improve medication safety – evidence briefs
These briefs summarise the evidence on the effectiveness of safety interventions that aim to improve medication administration.
Evidence briefings on interventions to improve medication safety
These evidence briefs aim to support health professionals to review the latest evidence against their current practice in relation to medication safety interventions.
The 2021 Evidence briefings on interventions to improve medication safety include:
Previous versions (2013)
A previous set of evidence briefings was prepared in 2013. These have been superseded by the 2021 briefings. However, they are available by emailing email@example.com
The 2013 evidence briefings were:
- Automated dispensing systems
- Bar code medication administration systems
- Double-checking medication administration
- Electronic medication administration records
- Reducing interruptions during medication preparation and administration.