Safety and Quality Advice Centre
The Safety and Quality Advice Centre (the Advice Centre) provides support to health service organisations, assessors and accrediting agencies on the implementation of Safety and Quality Standards and accreditation assessment requirements under the Australian Health Service Safety and Quality (AHSSQA) Scheme.
The Advice Centre is a national service operating from 09.00 to 16.00 Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) with a dedicated email address and 1800 toll free number.
- Information and support to health services implementing Safety and Quality Standards developed by the Commission
- Information regarding conduct of accreditation assessment to the AHSSQA and NGPA schemes
- Advice, information and resources relating to resources published on the Commision's website
- A mediation service for health service organisations being accredited.
Safety and Quality Standards
- National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards
- National Safety and Quality Primary and Community Healthcare Standards
- National Safety and Quality Digital Mental Health Standards
- National Safety and Quality Mental Health Standards for Community Managed Organisations
- Clinical Care Standards
- National Clinical Trials Governance Framework
- Pathology accreditation standards
- Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation Scheme Standards
- Cosmetic Surgery Project
- Australian Health Service Safety and Quality Accreditation Scheme
- The National General Practice Accreditation Scheme
- National Pathology Accreditation Scheme
- National Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation Scheme
- Telephone: 1800 304 056
- Email: AdviceCentre@safetyandquality.gov.au
We aim to provide a response within 3 business days. Please indicate if the matter is urgent and provide a contact number and area code.
The Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (the Commission) does not have the authority to investigate complaints about health service organisations or practitioners. The Commission has published a guide for consumers called Understanding My Healthcare Rights. It contains useful information and contact numbers.
By contacting the Safety and Quality Advice Centre, you agree to the Commission's privacy statement below: