CARAlert Laboratory Handbook
This handbook provides nationally consistent guidance on the reporting processes for originating and confirming laboratories for the CARAlert system.
Accessibility - We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
Copyright - Unless stated otherwise, materials provided are covered by a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike (BY-NC-ND) 4.0 International License.
- Outlines the protocols and procedures relating to the operation of CARAlert
- Describes the role of participating laboratories
- Summarises current methods for use in an originating laboratory for the detection of a suspected CAR
- Outlines procedures for the referral of suspected isolates for confirmation
- Provides guidance on the tests that confirming laboratories must perform for each CAR.