CARAlert Laboratory Handbook
This handbook provides nationally consistent guidance on laboratory reporting processes for CARAlert.
Accessibility - We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
Copyright - Unless stated otherwise, materials provided are covered by a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike (BY-NC-ND) 4.0 International License.
- Outlines protocols and procedures for the operation of CARAlert
- Describes the roles of originating and confirming laboratories
- Summarises methods for detecting a suspected CAR by an originating laboratory
- Outlines procedures for referring suspected CAR isolates from an originating laboratory to an appropriate confirming laboratory
- Provides guidance on confirmation tests performed by confirming laboratories for each CAR.
For more information
Guide, user guide or guidelines