NSQHS Standards Guide for hospitals
The purpose of this guide is to assist health service organisations to align their patient safety and quality improvement programs using the framework of the NSQHS Standards.
Accessibility - We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
Copyright - Unless stated otherwise, materials provided are covered by a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike (BY-NC-ND) 4.0 International License.
The National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards Guide for hospitals has been developed to assist health service organisations to align their patient safety and quality improvement programs using the framework of the NSQHS Standards.
For each standard, this guide contains:
- A description of the standard
- A statement of intent
- A list of criteria that describe the key areas covered by the standard
- Explanatory notes on the content of the standard
- Item headings for groups of actions in each criterion
- Actions that describe what is required to meet the standard
- Key tasks, strategies, and use of examples of evidence to support each action.