Open disclosure: Just-in-time information for clinicians
This resource provides ‘just-in-time’ information for clinicians and healthcare providers who participate in open disclosure.
Accessibility - We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
Copyright - Unless stated otherwise, materials provided are covered by a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike (BY-NC-ND) 4.0 International License.
This resource provides information about open disclosure including:
- A definition
- Key aspects of open disclosure practice
- What to expect from each step in the open disclosure process.
This resource should not be used as an alternative to training and staff development.
This is a resource to supplement other organisational and national open disclosure resources. It is based on the Australian Open Disclosure Framework and is part of a suite of resource materials including:
- Open disclosure evaluation surveys
- Open disclosure checklist
- Saying sorry: a guide to apologising and expressing regret in open disclosure
- Open disclosure planning and preparation.