Resources (Communicating for Safety)
The Commission has developed a number of resources to support safe communication.
The key resource
The Communicating for Safety resource portal provides guidance on the strategies and skills needed to support effective clinical communication. The portal highlights why communication is important across the patient journey and links to useful resources.
Research and literature reviews
- Improving documentation at transitions of care for complex patients
- National Clinical Handover Initiative Pilot Program
- External Evaluation of the National Clinical Handover Initiative Pilot Program
- Evidence-based literature review on effectiveness of improvement interventions in clinical handover
- Evidence-based literature review on discharge, referral and admission
- Medical Journal of Australia, Clinical Handover: Critical Communications
- AMA Safe handover: Safe Patients Guidance on Clinical Handover for Clinicians and Managers