Suite of 10 modules for Infection Prevention and Control
The Commission produced a series of education modules to assist healthcare workers who undertake infection prevention and control responsibilities as part of a clinical role.
The Infection Prevention and Control training portal offers ten online modules.
The modules can be undertaken in any order of user preference.
Users may select to complete any number of modules available. You may choose to complete one or two or all ten modules, this is user driven learning and up to the individual. There is no cost to users to register and complete these modules.
A certificate of completion is available at the end of each module successfully completed by the registered user.
· Principles of infection prevention and control
· Risk management systems for infectious agents and infectious diseases
· Basic microbiology and multi-resistant organisms
· Cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation
· Infectious agent health screening and immunisation of healthcare workers
· Outbreak investigation and management
· Management of occupation exposure
· Renovation, repairs and redevelopment risk management
· Basic epidemiology/statistics
· Surveillance and quality improvement
The online interactive education modules are based on the content of the Australian Guidelines for the Prevention and Control of Infection in Healthcare (current edition). The modules were developed in conjunction with the Australasian College of Infection Prevention and Control (ACIPC).
Click here to access the modules.