Identifying validated PROMs
There are resources available that can assist in identifying validated PROMs, including:
- The Commission’s lists of validated PROMs
- The Standard Sets of the International Consortium for Health Outcomes Measurement (ICHOM)
- The Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS) of the US Department of Health and Human Services
- The Patient-Reported Indicators Survey initiative of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
Key considerations for the selection of PROMs
- Eton DT, Beebe TJ, Hagen PT, Halyard MY, Montori VM, Naessens JM, et al. Harmonizing and consolidating the measurement of patient-reported information at health care institutions: A position statement of the Mayo Clinic. Patient Relat Outcome Meas 2014; 5: 7-15.