NIMC local management guidelines
These guidelines provide detailed guidance on the scope of changes to the national inpatient medication charts (NIMC) that can be authorised at local levels (such as state and territory, private health service chain or local hospital network, and individual health service organisation).
Content of guidelines
The NIMC local management guidelines provide information on:
- Managing the (NIMC) locally, including the scope of possible changes at local levels
- Managing change requests locally
- Elevating change requests to the national level
- Reporting decisions to stakeholders
- Summary rationale for the NIMC.
The Health Services Medication Expert Advisory Group
This group advises the Commission on the maintenance of the NIMC charts and other standardisations. The group consists of representatives from public and private hospitals, plus clinical and professional advisors.