Topic Working Group
The role of the Opioid Analgesic Stewardship program Topic Working Group is to provide expert advice on the development of a national Opioid Analgesic Stewardship program (the Project).
The main role of the Topic Working Group is
- Advise the Commission on the key components of care within the scope of the Project
- Advise the Commission on key sources of evidence to inform development of the Project. This may include systematic reviews and meta-analyses, clinical practice guidelines, frameworks for best practice models, and clinical standards.
- Provide technical and expert advice on the development of an opioid analgesic stewardship program for acute care settings, including implementation and communication strategies.
- Actively support raising awareness of the Project,
- Advise the Commission on a review plan for the project, and support any associated revision as required.
From members who are consumers, a key role is to advise the Commission on matters relating their experience – whether as patient or carer – and provide this perspective during the development of the Project.
All members are required to disclose financial, personal and professional interests that could, or could be perceived to, influence a decision made, or advice given to the Commission.
Disclosures are updated prior to each meeting and managed in line with the Commission’s Policy on Disclosure of Interests.