Topic Working Group
The role of the Opioid Analgesic Stewardship program Topic Working Group is to provide expert advice on the development of a national Opioid Analgesic Stewardship program (the Project).
The main role of the Topic Working Group is
- Advise the Commission on the key components of care within the scope of the Project
- Advise the Commission on key sources of evidence to inform development of the Project. This may include systematic reviews and meta-analyses, clinical practice guidelines, frameworks for best practice models, and clinical standards.
- Provide technical and expert advice on the development of an opioid analgesic stewardship program for acute care settings, including implementation and communication strategies.
- Actively support raising awareness of the Project,
- Advise the Commission on a review plan for the project, and support any associated revision as required.
From members who are consumers, a key role is to advise the Commission on matters relating their experience – whether as patient or carer – and provide this perspective during the development of the Project.
All members are required to disclose financial, personal and professional interests that could, or could be perceived to, influence a decision made, or advice given to the Commission.
Disclosures are updated prior to each meeting and managed in line with the Commission’s Policy on Disclosure of Interests.
Want future updates on consultations and launches?