The NSQHS Standards were developed by the Commission in collaboration with the Australian Government, states and territories, private sector providers, clinical experts, patients and carers. The primary aims of the NSQHS Standards are to protect the public from harm and to improve the quality of health service provision. The eight NSQHS Standards provide a nationally consistent statement about the level of care consumers can expect from health services.
Links to the NSQHS Standards
- Updated - Fact sheet 6: Short notice assessments
- Updated - Fact sheet 7: Governing body attestation statement
- Closed consultation - Draft NSQHS Standards User guide for the review of clinical variation in health care
- Open - Nominations for health service organisations demonstrating exemplar practice
- Open - Enrolment to the NSQHS Standards orientation course
- New - Fact sheet: Identifying patient goals of care in day procedure services
- New - Fact sheet: Implementing the colonoscopy clinical care standard - informed consent
- Workshop on implementing AS/NZS4187:2014
The Commission values your comments and feedback. If you would like to provide feedback on the NSQHS Standards section of the website, please send your comments to email@example.com or phone 1800 304 056.