The NSQHS Standards were developed by the Commission in collaboration with the Australian Government, states and territories, private sector providers, clinical experts, patients and carers. The primary aims of the NSQHS Standards are to protect the public from harm and to improve the quality of health service provision. The eight NSQHS Standards provide a nationally consistent statement about the level of care consumers can expect from health services.
Links to the NSQHS Standards
- New - Fact sheet: Training requirements for credentialed practitioners
- Updated - Fact sheet 7: Governing body attestation statement
- Updated - Fact sheet 5: Recognising exemplar practice in health service organisations
- Updated - Advisory AS18/07: Reprocessing of reusable medical devices in health service organisations
- New - Colonoscopy Clinical Care Standard for health service organisations
- Updated - Advisory AS18/10: Informed financial consent
- Updated - Fact sheet 11: Applicability of clinical care standards
- Open - Nominations for health service organisations demonstrating exemplar practice
- Open - Enrolment to the NSQHS Standards orientation course
- New - Emergency Department Clinicians' Guide to My Health Record in ED
- Antibiotic Awareness Week
- Updated - Fact sheet 6: Short notice assessments
- Closed consultation - Draft NSQHS Standards User guide for the review of clinical variation in health care
The Commission values your comments and feedback. If you would like to provide feedback on the NSQHS Standards section of the website, please send your comments to email@example.com or phone 1800 304 056.