The NSQHS Standards were developed by the Commission in collaboration with the Australian Government, states and territories, private sector providers, clinical experts, patients and carers. The primary aims of the NSQHS Standards are to protect the public from harm and to improve the quality of health service provision. The eight NSQHS Standards provide a nationally consistent statement about the level of care consumers can expect from health services.
Links to the NSQHS Standards
- Resources for the NSQHS Standards
Guides, Advisories, Fact sheets and other resources
- Climate Risk Module
Find out more about the development of a draft Climate Risk Module for consultation
- NSQHS Standards submission, request and extension forms
Request an extension to Advisory AS18/07, enrol in the NSQHS Standards Orientation Course, request for the NSQHS Standards logo and icons, and other forms
- NSQHS Standards: Lessons learnt
- New - Advisory: AS21/05: Advice on the submission of hand hygiene compliance audit data for Audit 3, 2021 and Audit 1, 2022, November 2021
- New - NSQHS Standards Checklist for assessors - Reviewing paper-based National Standard Medication Charts
- New - National Safety and Quality Primary and Community Healthcare Standards
- New - Advisory: AS21/04: Provisional accreditation to the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards for primary and community healthcare services
The Commission values your comments and feedback. If you would like to provide feedback on the NSQHS Standards section of the website, please send your comments to AdviceCentre@safetyandquality.gov.au or phone 1800 304 056.