The NSQHS Standards were developed by the Commission in collaboration with the Australian Government, states and territories, private sector providers, clinical experts, patients and carers. The primary aims of the NSQHS Standards are to protect the public from harm and to improve the quality of health service provision. The eight NSQHS Standards provide a nationally consistent statement about the level of care consumers can expect from health services.
Links to the NSQHS Standards
- New - Fact sheet: Certification and re-certification of practising colonoscopists
- Updated - Advisory AS18/07: Reprocessing of reusable medical devices in health service organisations
- New - Action 2.3 frequently asked questions
- Now available - Revised Charter of Healthcare Rights
- Open - Enrolment to the NSQHS Standards orientation course
- Closed consultation - Draft NSQHS Standards Aged care module
- Closed consultation - The National Safety and Quality Primary Health Care Standards
- Updated - Advisory AS18/01: Advice on not applicable actions
- Updated - Advisory AS18/04: Advice on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander specific actions
- Updated - Advisory AS18/10: Informed financial consent
- Updated - Fact sheet 4: Rating scale for assessment
The Commission values your comments and feedback. If you would like to provide feedback on the NSQHS Standards section of the website, please send your comments to email@example.com or phone 1800 304 056.