The NSQHS Standards were developed by the Commission in collaboration with the Australian Government, states and territories, private sector providers, clinical experts, patients and carers. The primary aims of the NSQHS Standards are to protect the public from harm and to improve the quality of health service provision. The eight NSQHS Standards provide a nationally consistent statement about the level of care consumers can expect from health services.
Links to the NSQHS Standards
- Open consultation - Draft NSQHS Standards Aged care module
- Updated - Advisory AS18/01: Advice on not applicable actions
- Updated - Advisory AS18/04: Advice on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander specific actions
- Open - Enrolment to the NSQHS Standards orientation course
- Updated - Advisory AS18/10: Informed financial consent
- Updated - Fact sheet 4: Rating scale for assessment
- New - NSQHS Standards user guide for health service organisations providing care for patients with cognitive impairment or at risk of delirium
The Commission values your comments and feedback. If you would like to provide feedback on the NSQHS Standards section of the website, please send your comments to email@example.com or phone 1800 304 056.