The Health Insurance Act 1973 and the Health Insurance (Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation) Instrument 2020 provides the legislative framework for the introduction and operation of the Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation Scheme for diagnostic imaging practices providing diagnostic imaging services under Medicare.
- Diagnostic Imaging Practice Standards
The Diagnostic Imaging Practice Standards provide a safety and quality framework for diagnostic imaging practices.
- National Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation Scheme
The National Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation Scheme supports the consistent assessment of diagnostic imaging practices to the Diagnostic Imaging Practice Standards.
Diagnostic imaging includes the following modalities
- Computed tomography
- Diagnostic radiology
- Nuclear medicine
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Diagnostic Imaging Quality Assurance
- Diagnostic Imaging Services Table
- Diagnostic imaging under Medicare
- The Australian Commission of Safety and Quality in Health Care commenced administration of the National Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation Scheme on 1 July 2021.
For questions and feedback on the Commission’s National Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation Scheme please contact Safety and Quality Advice Centre or phone 1800 304 056.