The Third and Fourth Degree Perineal Tears Clinical Care Standard has been endorsed by a number of key health professional organisations and colleges.
List of endorsing organisations:
- Australian College of Midwives
- Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Centre of Perinatal Excellence
- The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Rural Doctors Association of Australia
- Women's Healthcare Australasia
Topic Working Group - role and membership
The Third and Fourth Degree Perineal Tears Clinical Care Standard Topic Working Group was established to provide clinical advice, expertise and consumer input during the development of the Clinical Care Standard. The group included individuals with relevant expertise and experience in the Australian health care system and representatives of some key organisations. A broader range of stakeholders was consulted during a roundtable meeting, and through public consultation.
The role of the Topic Working Group was to:
- Advise on the scope and key components of care for the Third and Fourth Degree Perineal Tears Clinical Care Standard
- Advise on key sources of evidence including clinical practice guidelines, standards and empirical literature to build upon the body evidence supporting the existing model
- Advise on the formulation of quality statements and supporting indicators
- Recommend strategies to support the implementation of the Third and Fourth Degree Perineal Tears Clinical Care Standard
- Actively support raising awareness of the Third and Fourth Degree Perineal Tears Clinical Care Standard
The role of Consumer members is to advise the Commission on matters relating to their experience, as a patient or carer, and provide this perspective for the development of the Third and Fourth Degree Perineal Tears Clinical Care Standard.
All members are required to disclose financial, personal and professional interests that could, or could be perceived to, influence a decision made, or advice given to the Commission.
Disclosures are updated prior to each meeting and managed in line with the Commission’s Policy on Disclosure of Interests.
Membership of the Topic Working Group