The NSQHS Standards were developed by the Commission in collaboration with the Australian Government, states and territories, private sector providers, clinical experts, patients and carers. The primary aims of the NSQHS Standards are to protect the public from harm and to improve the quality of health service provision. The eight NSQHS Standards provide a nationally consistent statement about the level of care consumers can expect from health services.
Links to the NSQHS Standards
- Resources for the NSQHS Standards
Guides, Advisories, Fact sheets and other resources
- Safety and Quality Advice Centre
Contact the Safety and Quality Advice Centre for enquiries and information on implementing the NSQHS Standards.
- Multi-Purpose Services Aged Care Module
The Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care has developed the Multi-Purpose Services Aged Care Module to support eligible Multi-Purpose Services (MPS) meet their accreditation obligations via a streamlined assessment process.
- Sustainable Healthcare Module
Find out more about the development of a draft Sustainable Healthcare Module for consultation
- NSQHS Standards submission, request and extension forms
Request an extension to Advisory AS18/07, enrol in the NSQHS Standards Orientation Course, request for the NSQHS Standards logo and icons, and other forms
- NSQHS Standards assessment outcomes
Lessons learnt from the assessment of health service organisations to the NSQHS Standards.
- New - NSQHS Standards Advisory AS22/02: Advice on organisational training requirements for hand hygiene and infection prevention and control
- New - Fact sheet: National Survey on Cultural Safety Training
- New - Cultural Safety Training - Analysis of national survey results and literature review
- New - Primary and Community Healthcare Standards
- New - Lessons learnt on Actions 1.07, 1.16 and 8.04
- Updated - NSQHS Standards Advisory AS21/05: Advice on the submission of hand hygiene compliance audit data for Audit 3, 2021, Audit 1, 2022, and Audit 2, 2022
The Commission values your comments and feedback. If you would like to provide feedback on the NSQHS Standards section of the website, please send your comments to AdviceCentre@safetyandquality.gov.au or phone 1800 304 056.