The NSQHS Standards were developed by the Commission in collaboration with the Australian Government, states and territories, private sector providers, clinical experts, patients and carers. The primary aims of the NSQHS Standards are to protect the public from harm and to improve the quality of health service provision. The eight NSQHS Standards provide a nationally consistent statement about the level of care consumers can expect from health services.
Links to the NSQHS Standards
- Resources for the NSQHS Standards
Guides, Advisories, Fact sheets and other resources
- NSQHS Standards submission, request and extension forms
Request an extension to Advisory AS18/07, enrol in the NSQHS Standards Orientation Course, request for the NSQHS Standards logo and icons, and other forms
- Updated - NSQHS Standards Workforce Immunisation Risk Matrix
- New - NSQHS Standards Checklist for assessors
- New - Fact sheet 15: Multi-Purpose Services Aged Care Module
The Commission values your comments and feedback. If you would like to provide feedback on the NSQHS Standards section of the website, please send your comments to email@example.com or phone 1800 304 056.