Action 3.15 states
The health service organisation has a risk-based workforce vaccine-preventable diseases screening and immunisation policy and program that:
- Is consistent with the current edition of the Australian Immunisation Handbook
- Is consistent with jurisdictional requirements for vaccine-preventable diseases
- Addresses specific risks to the workforce, consumers and patients
The health service organisation has a risk-based vaccine-preventable diseases screening and immunisation policy and program to protect the workforce, consumers and patients.
- Does the organisation have a workforce immunisation policy in place? Is it consistent with state or territory and national requirements? How does the organisation assess compliance with the policy?
- Does the organisation have a workforce screening policy in place? How does the organisation assess compliance with the policy?
- Is the organisation's workforce immunisation program consistent with the national immunisation guidelines and state or territory requirements?
- How does the organisation’s workforce vaccine preventable diseases screening and immunisation policy and program identify and address risks to the workforce, consumers and patients?
- Does the workforce policy consider actions when members of the workforce do not or cannot follow immunisation guidelines?
Examples of evidence
- Policies, procedures and/or protocols for workforce immunisation that are consistent with national guidelines and state and territory requirements
- Committee and meeting records in which the workforce immunisation and screening policies and program as discussed
- Records of workforce immunisation status (i.e. immunisation registry)
- Protocols for placement of members of the workforce based on the vaccination status
- Audit results of workforce compliance with workforce immunisation and screening policies
- Documents accessible to authorised personnel that:
- identify the requirements for immunisation as part of the recruitment of workforce or placement of contractors and students
- demonstrate maintenance of workforce immunisation records
- identify additional immunisation requirements for relevant members of the workforce
- record immunisation refusals and organisational risk management response to refusals
- Information relating to vaccine-preventable diseases is available to the workforce and consumers
- Risk assessment for workforce, consumers and patients with regards to vaccine-preventable diseases.