Examples of supporting evidence
- Minutes of meetings, plans or strategies relating to development, endorsement or implementation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander priorities overseen by the governing body, which deal with specific needs of the local community
- Documented targets and performance indicators for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health outcomes of the health service organisation that are endorsed by, and reported to, the governing body
- Policies, procedures, protocols or project plans endorsed by the governing body that deal with the specific needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Records of consultations with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities relating to the development of priorities, targets and performance indicators
- Membership and terms of reference for the governing body or relevant advisory and consultative committees that include Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community representatives.
9. Hunt J. Engagement with Indigenous communities in key sectors. Canberra: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, and Australian Institute of Family Studies; 2013. (Resource Sheet No. 23.)
18. Council of Australian Governments. National Indigenous Reform Agreement (Closing the Gap). Canberra: Council of Australian Governments; 2012.
19. Marmot M, Friel S, Bell R, Houweling TAJ, Taylor S. Closing the gap in a generation: health equity through action on the social determinants of health. Lancet 2008;372:1661–9.
20. Dudgeon P, Milroy H, Walker R. Working together: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mental health and wellbeing principles and practice. 2nd ed. Canberra: Australian Government Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet; 2014 (accessed Mar 2017).
21. National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation. Constitution for the National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation. Canberra: NACCHO; 2011 (accessed Mar 2017).
22. Reconciliation Australia. What is the RAP program? Canberra: Reconciliation Australia; 2016 [cited 2016 Aug 19].