Comprehensive Care - Element 2: Identify goals of care - Key actions for clinicians
The Commission has identified a set of six essential elements for comprehensive care delivery, which represent different stages or processes that a patient may experience when clinical care is delivered.
Accessibility - We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
Copyright - Unless stated otherwise, materials provided are covered by a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike (BY-NC-ND) 4.0 International License.
Each element includes actions for consumers, clinicians and health service organisations. This fact sheet sets out actions for clinicians in relation to element 2.
The essential elements are:
- Element 1: Clinical assessment and diagnosis
- Element 2: Identify goals of care
- Element 3: Risk screening and assessment
- Element 4: Develop a single comprehensive care plan
- Element 5: Deliver comprehensive care
- Element 6: Review and improve comprehensive care delivery