National inpatient medication chart – adult versions
The NIMC chart has been adapted into three different versions for adults, with Acute, Long stay and GP e-versions available.
- For patients in acute care
- Used across health service organisations in medical and surgical wards, emergency departments and intensive care units
- Allows for 10.5 days of administration, but this may be varied locally.
- For long-term, stable adult patients in acute care (e.g. patients in spinal units and rehabilitation units)
- Allows for 28.5 days of administration, but this may be varied locally.
- NIMC-compliant format for general practitioners who prescribe for inpatients (usually in rural and remote health service organisations)
- Four A4 pages
- Generated from general practice electronic prescribing software
- Only use the GP e-version where specific guidance for hospitals and software vendors has been implemented (see Notes on the NIMC GP e-version).